SIS 7012 on-board sound card

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
imranp

Post by imranp » Wed May 05, 2004 3:44 pm

I have the SIS 7012 sound card. I am using Cakewalk Home Studio 2002. There are no outputs the the MIDI DEVICES menu, except for MIDI MAPPER. I select MIDI MAPPER, but it still tells me that no sounds are selected. Any suggestions ? If my sound card is not capable, can I download certain drivers ? If not, what's a reasonably good sound card I can buy that works with CWHS2002.

Thanks,
Imran

dkupka

Post by dkupka » Mon May 24, 2004 4:34 am

Hi there... I have the same sound chipset on my motherboard (forgot what motherboard it is), running win2000. What flavor of Windows are you running? That may make a difference, I'm trying to figure out why my sys. doesn't output MIDI through Cakewalk as well.

Winamp, oddly, picks it right up.

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon May 24, 2004 4:09 pm

Usually these on board sound sets have some sort of midi chip on them but it won't sound very good.

There are drivers for it here if it is a driver issue.

Make sure you have selected the MME drivers or checked the box that says Use MME interface. See if that gives you some sort of midi capability. If not then I would think the drivers might be your best option.

If you have a keyboard that has midi in and out then you can always connect that up via the game port and use the sounds on that. You might have to enable the game port for midi in the BIOS.