VST Instruments not registering

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Casaubon

Post by Casaubon » Sun May 30, 2004 8:14 pm

Why are my VST instruments not registering? Some do (mainly the Computer music free stuff), but the other ones don't (especially Sample Tank and Free Alpha). I run the VST adapter which recognises them and lists them, but they don't then appear on my Synth Rack - any ideas??? Help me - I'm stuck with Cyclone and the demo edition of VS at the moment.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun May 30, 2004 9:51 pm

They usually list under there own section of VST underneath your DXi's.

You don't say which version of Sonar and which version of The VST wrapper you are using.

Casaubon

Post by Casaubon » Sun May 30, 2004 9:58 pm

I know - they don't list there where they should!

I have Sonar 3 Producers Edition with the bundled VST Adapter v 4

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon May 31, 2004 3:39 am

The only thing I can think of: When I check my Sample Tank properties in the VST adapter I see that it is also checked to be installed as a DXI instrument. Make sure there are two Y's in the list when you have run the scanner, if not highlight Sample Tank or FreeAlpha and click properties you can select those options there.

Edit: Also check in the Plugin Manager that those VST's have gone into the excluded list. Select DXi instruments in the left pane of the plugin manager and select the option to show excluded items. If it's there, highlight it and re - import it to the list.

Casaubon

Post by Casaubon » Mon May 31, 2004 7:39 am

I did both of these - no joy :cry:

When I run the VST adapter again I get this error:

Scanning for VST plug-ins...: vstconfig.exe - unable to locate component

This application has failed because CWDXPX1.dll was not found. Re-installing the component may fix this problem.

I tried re-installing Sonar (I couldn't find a way to just install the VST adaptor) but this didn't help. There are several instances of this file (CWDXPX1.dll ) all associated with different plug-ins. However, if this for a particular plug in (and the error comes up when the VST adaptor is in the middle of scanning - not at the beginning) I cvannot work out which one. Also, the VST are not in the excluded folder on the plug in manager.

Casaubon

Post by Casaubon » Mon May 31, 2004 8:15 am

I copied the CWDXPX1.dll into the VSTCONFIG.exe folder and it got rid of the error, but didn't solve the main problem. I did notice that I don't think that the missing VST's were listed in the final list that flashes up, although they were in the configuration list.

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon May 31, 2004 1:47 pm

Have check the box in the VST adapter propeties to force a rescan of all failed plugins. It seems a very strange problem this. I guess if the guys on the Official Sonar forum don't come up with anything then no one will unless they have had the same problem and solved it.

If Trev appears over at the CM Forums he might be able to help.