SONAR Audio Driver Error, can't record anything-tried it all

Use this forum for all technical issues.
summervictory

Post by summervictory » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:45 pm

Huge thanks in advance to anyone who can figure this out. Here is my problem-

I plug in my electric guitar to my PC, and I can hear it fine through the speakers. I have made all the proper adjustments through the Windows volume control. Also, I can record fine using Windows Sound Recorder. Now when I arm the audio track in SONAR, the meter doesn't move at all even though I can hear it fine. I followed the FAQ and solutions on the website, but can't get it to work. All my audio options are set OK as far as I know, and my sound card has the most current driver. It is a VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) if that helps (came with my computer which isn't too old). When I click "OK" to get out of the Audio Options menu, I get the Audio Driver Error message. All other programs on my PC have been closed, Bit Depth is set to 16, and I've tried messing around with different configurations but nothing works. I'm about to give up. Any ideas? Thanks.

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Wed Sep 10, 2003 10:54 pm

Even though you are using WDM, try using MME.

Options|Audio|Advance. There is a box that says "use MME ...". See what that will do for you.

Good luck.

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:11 am

First thing to check is the the wave profiler. If you can get in to the options/audio menu run the wave profiler.

If you can't get into that menu without getting the driver error message: In windows explorer open the main Sonar folder and find the aud.ini file. It might just be called AUD. It looks like a notepad with a cog wheel on it. When you hover the mouse pointer over it, it should say configeration settings. If you can't find it run a search in explorer for it.

Once you have located it, delete it. Start Sonar and the first thing it will do is run the wave profiler on start up. This should then configure your soundcard and your problem will be solved.

If there is no aud.ini file or AUD file then Sonar is not installed properly. You will have to install it again and the first time you run the program the wave profiler will run.

Hope that helps.

Andy

summervictory

Post by summervictory » Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:38 am

Hey- Thanks for your help guys. I did the AUD.INI thing but that didn't work, I then tried the Use MME checkbox and it works now! What does this mean, though? Anything major between the MME and WDM I should know about. Thanks again guys.

Nick

enzo_spiky

Post by enzo_spiky » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:37 pm

what about if i get an audio driver error in cakewalk music creator 2002 i have the same problem like the guy who started this forum. i just want playback and record dxi but i get audio driver error.i'm using avance ac97.thankyou

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:45 pm

You should be able to try the same fixes as above.

Ricardo007

Post by Ricardo007 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:18 am

I have this problem too.