Sonar 3 Wierd Message when Starts

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:25 am

Hey all,

I have the Prodcuer Edition of Cakewalk Sonar 3. It came with a serial number and all however, when i click on the file a message comes up saying "The beta version has expired. Please destroy it......" Now i know there is a way of getting rid of it so the PC thinks it is not a beta version. Does anyone know which file I need to go to extent the beta date, etc.... Let me know what else I can do. I need this program. Thank You!

Simon Z
Sierrazulu85@Aol.com

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:34 pm

Uninstall the beta version and install your full version and you should be all set!

Good Luck!

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:58 am

Does anyone know how to uninstall beta version and install a full one. because i get a message "beta version has expired, please destroy..."

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:54 am

Anonymous wrote:Hey all,

I have the Prodcuer Edition of Cakewalk Sonar 3. It came with a serial number and all however, when i click on the file a message comes up saying "The beta version has expired. Please destroy it......" Now i know there is a way of getting rid of it so the PC thinks it is not a beta version. Does anyone know which file I need to go to extent the beta date, etc.... Let me know what else I can do. I need this program. Thank You!

Simon Z
Sierrazulu85@Aol.com
Try asking on the site you downloaded it from. If you actually buy the software instead of stealing it then you wouldn't have this problem.

yabrova

Post by yabrova » Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:56 am

y'know what...all these "morally ethical" morons...I don't know how to do it either, but I'm trying to find out how...keep looking, I'm looking too, and for you wanna be funny "buy the program" muhfuccs you are all spineless mindless fools

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:59 am

yabrova wrote:y'know what...all these "morally ethical" morons...I don't know how to do it either, but I'm trying to find out how...keep looking, I'm looking too, and for you wanna be funny "buy the program" muhfuccs you are all spineless mindless fools
OOH. Big man, nasty words. I'm so upset.

If you can't afford the software use something thats free. Leave the expensive stuff for the big boys to play with.

I should imagine you have never made a piece of music in your life. You are probably one of these arseholes who trawls the P2P sites looking for any thing you can steal. You stuff it on your hard drive so you can say Yeah I got that aren't I clever.

Clever!! You can't even get the software to run. Who's the knucklehead?

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:29 pm

+1 Andy.

I hate the people that come here and ask for dll's or help with warez. I (like many people here) have invested a lot of money buying upgrades so that Cakewalk would stay in business and provide us with great software like Sonar 3.

I urge everyone here not to send files or serials to these people. If you do, you're just delaying the release of newer and cooler software (and rising the price) for all of us that pay.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:40 pm

Now that I am registered disabled and haven't got the same kind of money coming in every month, it would be easy for me to say sod it and download cracks, but I won't.

All my hardware is now getting a bit long in the tooth. Some of my software was cutting edge in it's day but now is 3 or 4 versions behind but it still does the job.

The one thing I do update is my sequencer, Sonar, but I have only just updated to Sonar 3 Studio edition because that's all I can afford. To make it cheaper I even bought it from the USA and got my cousin to send it over to me minus all the packaging and the manual (still have the 2 manual to fall back on and Sonar 3 Ignite book).

There are ways to save money and I have to use them, including taking a chance on buying second hand equipment. There are free sequencers available and I even posted a link to a great audio recording package on this site.

There is just no reason for warez.

rick_james

Post by rick_james » Fri May 21, 2004 8:41 pm

I'm not gonna take the moral high ground on this issue, but cakewalk sonar is worth the buy if you use it.

IN my opinion software companies have been the silent sufferers in this whole piracy era, not the rich brat artists and record labels.

All i know is Sonar 3 was dead buggy and 3.1 was worse in my opinion. Only since january the 27th(i think) when they released 3.1.1 did sonar become a stable enviroment to work with. Using cracked versions (especially the when there beta) means you probably cant update them so in my opinion its useless. However if you still want to continue evaluating using a beta test version, simply set your computer clock back a couple of years to say 2002 and the message with be gone.

Later

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:54 am

All i know is Sonar 3 was dead buggy and 3.1 was worse in my opinion.
Funny, I thought Sonar 3 worked great from the first release - mine was a legal version and not some pirated version missing bits and pieces.