Skins for Sonar 3 Producer Edition

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Jaysun

Post by Jaysun » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:24 am

I have a simple question. Is there a way to change the appearance of Sonar 3 PE, ie change the "skin" appearance? I have very little to complain about concerning Sonar except that it is somewhat bland in appearance and certain buttons are not as easy to find as in Sonar 2.

Thanks,
Jay :lol:

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:13 am

yes, there is. under window you can change from tile in columns, rows, or cascade. also under options/colors you can chose from presets or choose the colors you wish the interface to use. but you need to remember that if you recorded something in the original view when you open it back up it will use the original view that you recorded it in you can change that as well. just open it, change what you like, and click save.
I hope this helps and is what you are looking for .. good luck

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:36 pm

I know what you mean but you do get used to it after a while.

As said above just go into the colours option and play around with the different settings there. I found it helpful to just change the background wallpaper in Sonar itself to something a bit more cheerful.

I have found though, over a long (12 hour +) session the Gui seems a bit easier on the eyes than the previous versions. Maybe this is what Cakewalk had in mind.

There is a way to change the Gui colour scheme but it means editing or hacking into the program somewhere. I can try and find out if you want.

Jaysun

Post by Jaysun » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:44 pm

Andy, that would be great. Any and all info welcome.

Thanks,
Jay
:wink:

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:38 am

I believe if you goto Options/Colors you can change just about any of the colors. I experimented but went back to the blue.gray. Like Andy, I find this very easy to look at as my average session is between 8 and 10 hours.