Shameless Self Promotion(s) - That also means you!

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Brian D

Post by Brian D » Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:58 pm

Both of my MP3 tunes are in the top 100 of their genre. :D I'm all **** giggled!

Cryogenic is 52 in Instrumental Rock and A Drone is 62 in New Age.

Too Cool! Thanks guys for listening.

These were done on Sonar by the way.
Last edited by Brian D on Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeN

Post by MikeN » Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:21 pm

Hi Brian

Would love to give these a listen bu mp3.com is blocked at work so no downloads. Is there somewhere else I can get them from? (sans internet @ home at the moment ...)

Cheers

Mike

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Fri Sep 12, 2003 2:56 pm

Mike, I PM'd you.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:28 pm

Well worth listening too folks, especially Cryogenic. I would need a bit more than Sonar to create a track like that Brian. I'm afraid they don't package guitar skills like that in a box, so I've still got a long way to go.

Maybe we should have a Post your Tracks type thread and encourage people to link to their music no matter what standard they are. A bit of praise and positive feedback goes a long way. What do you reckon Brian?

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:33 pm

I agree Andy. I have listened to your two tracks and enjoyed them immensely. Very well done indeed. These too are worth listening to from Andy's work.

Agree 100% folks. List your tunes so we can enjoy. Regardles of genre or abilities. Letting others hear them is good.

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:19 pm

Cheers Brian,

Thanks for the compliments. Anybody else got anything they can put up.

Sell yourself here :D

MikeN

Post by MikeN » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:23 am

Hi Brian

Thanks for the link - managed to get Cryogenic (damn these over zealous system admins !) and loved it. Had a bit of fun playing spot the influences too ;-)

Andy

Seem to be allowed to download yours ok. Too relaxed to listen too while working I'm afraid so had to take them home to listen to properly ;-) Really liked them - Let us know if you post some more.

Might feel brave enough to post some links myself one day but not just yet ;-)

Cheers

Mike

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:49 am

I just added my stuff to www.musicv2.com by recommendation from AndyChap. Great site.

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:42 am

Did you start a 'post your tracks' type thread, or is this it?

I've got some tracks linked in my signature - they are quite early attempts and pre-new pc, so they are far from great.

I'm working on some more now that I have a better soundcard, mic, string samples and Steinberg's The Grand - hopefully there will be an improvement!

I'm also re-recording 'Within'; it got quite a lot of attention in the CM forum's Listening Lounge, so now I've got the new stuff mentioned above I should hopefully be able to improve the sound quality.

Emma

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Thu Sep 18, 2003 2:20 am

Emma,

Those are really, really nice pieces of work. Well thought out, well written and well played. I am totally feeling so relaxed with what you have.

I'm getting bad requests from Muiscv2. Don't know if it is me or if it is Musicv2. But I would like to increase you count on musicv2.

Props!

Brian D

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:16 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks very much for listening to and commenting on my stuff! It's always encouraging to get some positive feedback.

I haven't listened to yours yet as I can't access it from work (don't you just hate Systems Administrators!) but will dial in from home at the weekend.

Am about to email MusicV2 and see what the problem is - thanks for letting me know.

Emma

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Sep 18, 2003 8:54 am

Hi Emma,

I've been trying to download your within track from Electromancer and it won't let me in Opera and it keeps stopping half way through in IE.

I'll get it one day :D

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:12 am

Bloody Internet!!

Oh well, thanks for trying anyway Andy.

If I thought they were good enough I'd send you a CD...

I could email them but they're on average 6Mb?

Emma

Pootle

Post by Pootle » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:37 am

The Musicv2 link in my sig works now too.

Emma

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:52 pm

Yes it does, Emma. God I like your stuff. Got anymore?