Sonar and Audiophile 2496

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
eavdikos

Post by eavdikos » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Hello!
am using SONAR 3.1 Producer Edition an the Audiophile 2496 soundcard. I want to record an instrument (e.g. 1 mono guitar) and a voice (also in mono) using SONAR. I first record the guitar, and when i try to record the voice, the guitar is also recorded to the voice track. Is there something I can do (probably with some software audio routing) in order to record the second channel without the first one blending into the other?
For the first recorded track, I have chosen Output to: Master. Is this possibly the problem? Should I use another output for the first track (eg a subgroup) in order to avoid hearing and recording it on the second track?
I am very confused because with my old SB Live I had never such problems...I armed a track for recording, I recorded whatever I liked, then I armed another track and so on, without having any unwanted mixing between the tracks...
The only solution I have found up to now is to pan hard right in SONAR the first channel and record the second one as a mono channel with an input from the left channel. I don't like this solution because during the recording, I hear the first track (or a whole mix if I have recorded many other instruments) only from the left speaker.
Can anyboydy help me please????

spyda2

Post by spyda2 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:44 pm

eavdikos I am having the same problem. I had it W/homestudio 2004xl & now I am having it W/Sonar 3.11 Please if you find an answer please let me know.
Thanks.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:24 am

OK, first thing you have to look at - port settings. I can't dtress this enough. If you are usning the same port to monitor with that you are using to record with, you are going to have the problem you are having.

I am using S3 with a MOTU 2408 and my console is a Ramsa DA-7. When I work alone, I use the firts 3 or four channels on my DA-7. This allows me to work quickly, turning channels on and off without lots of repatching, etc...

I have a Sonar template that looks like this:

Audio1 - input ADAT A 1-2L
Audio2 - input ADAT A 1-2R
Audio3 - input ADAT A 3-4L
Audio4 - input ADAT A 34-R

The default putput is MASTER. MASTER's port is set to ADAT C 1-2.

Becasue I am using a seperate prot to listen back to my prerecorded tracks (ADAT C) I will never get any bleed through and my tracks are only waht they should be.

If you are having these kinds of problems, examine your port settings more carefully.

God Luck!