PSR 280 with Pro audio 9

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
RodB

Post by RodB » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:49 am

Please can anyone help?
I just cannot get cakewalk and my psr280 to recognise each other. I am using Windows XP and the psr is connected through the midi input on my souncard.
As a newbie to this I know I am probably making a huge mistake somewhere so any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:27 pm

Just go to Options 'instruments' and use generic general midi for the psr.

Chances are there is not an instrument file for it to give you all the patch names because its a beginner keyboard (no offence - my controller is a casio!).

Then select midi channel 1 and bank 1 and start scrolling through the patches.

Also - check the little midi indicator in the bottom right of your taskbar and see if it flashes when you hit the keys. If it does, your pc is detecting midi.

Make sure the keyboard is set up to send recieve midi (local control off multi mode).

RodB

Post by RodB » Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:23 am

Thanks for the help. I will give it a try.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:30 pm

First thing to do is make sure the leads are the right way round. Out to In and in to out.

Make sure that the game port on the sound card is enabled to take midi in the BIOS so you will need to enter the setup screen upon boot up.

When you start PA9 the first thing you should see is the message saying that you need to choose your midi ins and outs. You will see a similar entry on each side of the box and this will be the input and output on the soundcard that is connected to the keyboard.

PA9 will comunicate with the keyboard but only in General Midi. If you want to use more of the voices on the PSR 280 then go to this site and download the Ins Definition file. There are instructions in the help file on how to import it to PA 9.

RodB

Post by RodB » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:11 am

Thanks Andy