Session Drumer Won't Save?

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sat Sep 13, 2003 8:31 pm

Hello,
I have CW Pro Audio9, I have a problem saving to file or floppy any Drum Session made with Blues 112 (SD) I can record it, but I have tried to save it to my Drum file on PC, HD and also to floppy as a back up. But when I go to open the file all I get is an error box repeatedly popping up telling me the Blues 112 files are missing, Even when opened up from the floppy, It seems to only happen with this drum set (At least that I'm aware of) so far. Does any one know why it won't save :?: Or have a Cure :idea:

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:38 pm

You have to actually make a midi file on the track you have session drummer. Go to the edit menu and choose apply midi effects. It will then write the midi track for you for the duration of your other tracks.

Andy

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:27 pm

I will give it a try!
But I still don't understand why this only happens to this set. I can save session drumer files with no problems and always come back and open them and pick up where I've left off without hitch. Oh Well! :roll:

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:48 pm

I don't think you understand what I'm driving at, In CakeWalk the session drummer plug in, I want to save a drum pattern when I click on save to the file, it gets saved to where I want it, but at a later date when I go to open the saved file I get an error stating Blues 112, files are missing and I end up with a empty screen, I may add this is the ONLY style file that this happens with! I have concluded that the file it self is corupted. My Question now, does anyone here have this file that they would like to COPY and send me? It is in the Session Drummer style files and is called Blues 112. I would be elated if some one would be so kind to share this file with me! Thanks Ahead Of Time! :P

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:11 pm

Sorry CC, I don't know what is causing that. It does sound like a corrupt style file but usually these styles are kept in a single library file so you would think it would happen to all of them.

Have you tried saving in different fromats, I can't rember the name of them in PA9 but sometimes saving as bundle instead of a project file can help. You would have to save as a bundle on removable media anyway, project files only work on your own HD.

Composer_Chick

Post by Composer_Chick » Sat Sep 27, 2003 12:58 am

Thanks Andy!
But yes I have tried what you suggested and the error still occure's. So I now am looking for just the file to replace the corrupted file. I don't want to do a un-install / re-install at this juncture as Backing up would take half a day and I am nearing the end of my CD project. So If yah find anyone who want to send me the file I'd be tickled Pink :oops:

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:58 am

CC - I just tried it on mine and it worked. I opened Session Drummer in Sonar per the instructions. I hit the play key and it played. Then I saved it. Closed Sonar all the way. Reopened, went to SD and found my saved file. Opened it and it played.

Wonder if you are doing something different?

I'll send you the Blues112 file if I can find it.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:41 am

I've just tried it as well and everything seems to work anyway I save it.

You can grab the blues 112 file from here if you still need it.http://hometown.aol.co.uk/Andychap782/B ... -ride+.mid

Composer Chick

Post by Composer Chick » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:17 pm

:D Hello Andy!
Well I saved the file you posted and Guess what! It worked like a Champ! :P I replaced the file and all went well. I truly appreciate your efforts in helping me, I can only hope to return the favor some day.
Oh! I checked out you music and Boy! Your Good!
Have A Great Weekend!
CC