Audio,Envelopes, and Bouncing to Track

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm having a problem bouncing to track, audio tracks with envelopes..

I'm using Sonar 2.0 and am not sure what to do..I like to add panning envelopes to a lot of my audio tracks and converting the midi tracks to them but when I try to bounce to track to export the song as a wav or mp3..the final track has no data..

I'm sure there must be an option to fix this but I'm just not sure where it is...Anyone know the answer?

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:02 am

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Is it that the final track does not have the panning effect in it or the final track seems to bounce very quickly and just comes up as a blank track.

BTW you say you use Sonar 2.0, have you upgraded to 2.2 yet?

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:26 pm

Nah havent upgraded to 2.2....for some reason lol. But I am going to. And yes the problem is that the bounced track has no data in it if I'm combining audio tracks that have envelopes in them. Even if just one track has an envelope it doesn't work.

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:16 pm

It's a must that you update to 2.1 then 2.2 it ironed out so many problems it was unbelievable. I think the updates are still on the cakewalk site or I can send them too you if you want.

I think the problem you are having might be to do with the update situation. This was definately the case with some plugins when bouncing tracks, if you have any effects on the tracks apply them first.

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:48 am

Okay thanks for the help. I just downloaded the updates and will try bouncing audio tracks with envelopes together and see what happens when I get a chance..Thanks again