studio or producer edition/sonar 4

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.

Post by guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:24 pm

i am a singer songwriter, who has no real means of recording my music. i want to buy sonar 4 but do not know the difference between the producer edition and the studio edition. which one do i need and what will be more benificial to me. i want to be able to get beats from the internet as well as other sources and do not know if i actually need the producer edition which is more expensive. if someone could breakdown the difference between the two, in lamens terms and the benifits.., i would really appreciate it. thanks

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:59 pm

no

Jaugernaut

Post by Jaugernaut » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:28 pm

Sonar4 Producer has many more functions and is more robust overall. I can't list every difference, but I came to this message to see if someone could specifically list them. I know the reverbs/effects and VST plugins are not as good - if they even exist at all.

I would like to know the differenc between sonar 3 and 4 producer versions. What is there in it to justify the $150.00 upgrade? What is the learning curve for the new Sonar like? I just barely go used to Sonar3 and here they go...