Midi delay

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
Yanner

Post by Yanner » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 am

Hi can anyone help me with a problem I’m experiencing with Cakewalk 9.01?

I’ve been using my midi keyboard to record midi track’s on Cakewalk. This works fine the first time I do this and the track records ok. However once the track is recorded I get a timing delay between when I strike the keyboard and when the note sounds on the PC. The only way to rectify this is to turn off Cakewalk and turn it back on again. I’ve tried changing the echo mode on Cakewalk but to no avail.

Thanks

timid soul

Post by timid soul » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:44 am

Hey! I've had this problem forever! Cant get an answer anywhere. Did you get any help? Please contact me if you did, it's driving me crazy! I've tried every thing I could think of. Thanks, Timid Soul

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:06 am

You don't say what soundcard you are using or what OS you are using.

If you are using the onboard soundchip then you probably won't have much luck sorting this problem because there will be no decent drivers for it.

The other problem is the OS. If you are using the MS/GS wavetable synth in XP for you sounds then you are going to get some latency again this is down to the sound card driver.

It is a hard one to solve without spending money unfortunately as PA 9 is a bit outdated.

If you want to stick with PA 9 then you need to get a better soundcard with better drivers of the kind that PA 9 will support.

A cheaper option would be to upgrade the software a bit to something that will accept running upon ASIO drivers and use the ASIO4ALL drivers which should give you a lot better performance. Something like Music Creator 3 is only about $30 and combined with those drivers would give you a far superior set up than PA9.