problem of synchronisation sonar4

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
carole

Post by carole » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:02 am

:( :(

Hi, i have sonar4 and my PC is new: amd athlon 64 bits, 1 gig ram 160go. My soundcard:sounblasterlive 24 bits 5.1

When i record , i always have this problem:

i import an audio file on the first track and i record my voice on the second track. But when i listen the tracks, my voice is becoming to fast compare to the audiofile and i'ts seems more and more faster during the song. I'M NOT VERY GOOD IN ENGLISH ' SO EXCUSE ME.
Can somebody he;p me? I tried a few things but no changes!!!!!!

andychap

Post by andychap » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:33 am

First thing to do is check your soundcard is operating properly. If you are using WDM drivers then run the Wave profiler in the Options > Audio menu and leave it at the default setting.

Next make sure the Sync toolbar is displayed, if not enable it though View > toolbars menu. Always use the audio sync button when recording audio. The timing clock on your souncard will be more accurate than the clock on your computer.

If you are using ASIO drivers you can only rely on the drivers to work properly on their own just make sure the audio sync button is pressed. You could try downloading the ASIO4ALL drivers to see if they give you better performance with the craetive card.

You can also try adjusting the disk read/write buffer in the audio options, try increasing the value to give a more steady performance. Also try increasing the latency slider a bit at a time. Lower latencies are not always a good thing, they put more strain on your computer.

Unfortunately the Creative card is not the ideal card for music production, it's more of a multi media card. These days semi pro cards such as MAudio 24/96 or the basic Edirol interface will give you much better performance and quality.

Hope this helps. Good luck. :D

HDB

Post by HDB » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 am

carole wrote::( :(
i import an audio file on the first track and i record my voice on the second track. But when i listen the tracks, my voice is becoming to fast compare to the audiofile and i'ts seems more and more faster during the song.
Is it possible that you are recording at a different rate than the imported file was imported as? For instance, 16/44.1 audio file vs. 24/48 recording, etc. Or does Sonar 4 not care about mixing rates in one file?

HDB