using PODxt w/Sonar

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
plantman

Post by plantman » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:41 pm

I am trying to set up Sonar for use with a Podxt .

After many recommendation to switch drivers from mme to asio I tried it, only to find out that the volume for all tracks can only be controlled with the Pod. So if I want to incerease the guitar track volume as I am recording it I end up increasing the playback volume of the drum loop track (and any others) at the same time. I am monitioring the audio by connecting from my pods headphone jack to the sound card input as this is the only way to do it. I have no other choices other than the pod in the sonar audio track input or output list when I have have the driver set to asio. I did try installing asio4all drivers (as someone mentioned these would be better) but I can't seem to find an interface where I can select them, if that's even possible)

When I try wdm, I get way too much latency, pops and clicks that I can't seem to get rid of.

If someone has a suggeston I'd appreciate it, otherwise I'm going back to mme.

Thanks

Mike

xChrisOfKnivesx

Post by xChrisOfKnivesx » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:11 pm

You should be connecting the pod output(balanced xlr or unbalanced 1/4") to your sound card's input. The headphone jack is used for headphones and that's about it. You're losing out on all the A.I.R. effects and cabinet modeling when you do that. I have a Pod Pro, and a M-Audio Delta 66 sound card, and I never had any problems aside from the intitial WDM problem which was cleared up using the asio drivers. What sound card are you using? Make sure the input is designating the input of your sound card, and the output, the output of your sound card within the sonar application. Changing the volume on the pod shouldn't be effecting the volumes of any of your other audio tracks.