enormous latency on midi output

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
WP

Post by WP » Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:10 pm

Hi,
I am using cwpa 7 and win98se on a 1ghz athlon w/ 1gb of ram. I have a via ac'97 synth. In the past, I have not had trouble with this setup, but recently I had to wipe everything and re-install.

Problem is, now whenever I use staff or event view and I click in a note, there is about 500ms delay before the note comes out the soundcard. I am running a cpu monitor and it shows no anomalies in proc usage or background programs. I have tried updating drivers, settings, everything, but I can't seem to make heads or tails here!

also, using the virtual piano, no midi sound comes out at all. (midi mapper is mapped to the fm synth)

Also, same problem with cakewalk 5. both used to work perfectly...

any help?!?
thanks!
WP

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:32 am

Go into your options and reduce the buffer size to zero, or something close. That worked for me. I started with what seemed like a half-second delay between hitting the key and hearing the note. Reduced the buffer to zero and there is no more latency that I can detect aurally.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:32 am

Go into your options and reduce the buffer size to zero, or something close. That worked for me. I started with what seemed like a half-second delay between hitting the key and hearing the note. Reduced the buffer to zero and there is no more latency that I can detect aurally.