Problem with Midi output

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
dolus

Post by dolus » Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:56 am

I just got Cakewalk today, and cannot seem to get over this one problem. When I get to the dialog where I select the device for Midi output, I select the one device available, Microsoft Midi Mapper. When I select it and hit OK, it takes me right back to the message I get when starting up, telling me that I need to select an output device, regardless if I selected one or not. My midi device works fine with any other program.
I am using a Sound Blaster PCI.

Brian D

Post by Brian D » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:19 am

I seem to recall having that error message witn CWHS2002xl. My fix was to go to Optons|Audio|Advance and click on the box stating to use MME. I can't remember the whole phrase, but it was the first box about mid-center.

BobDerFeuerhan

yep

Post by BobDerFeuerhan » Fri Sep 26, 2003 7:32 pm

i had the same problem, and that fix worked; thanks very much

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:20 pm

Hello, I had the same problem and tried the MME thing after reading your posts (thanks :) ). (For reference, the option reads: "Always Use MME Interface, Even When WDM Drivers Are Available.")

When I select this option, midi works just great (in particular, I'm working with the Session Drummer). The problem is that selecting this option somehow knocks out my audio recording ability! :cry: So I went back and deselected the option, and my audio was 'fixed', but now my midi doesn't work! :shock:

What to do, what to do?!!!!

Any help is most appreciated!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:33 pm

In addition to changing the advanced audio setting to MME, you need to then exit the program, allowing Sonar/Home Studio to analyze the soundboard or onboard chip... the next time you start Sonar/Home Studio you will be prompted to select your midi output... at which point my system showed two choices... MS midi mapper and MS Wavetable Synth... low and behold... I now have midi output! :D

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:06 pm

I have a new laptop and had been scratching my head on this one for a month! Works great thanks. :lol:

pacs

Post by pacs » Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:49 am

To Brian D

You're a life saver, everytime when i change my sound card i face that problem and forgotten how i solved it previously. Actually its so simple, just follow yr instructions, go to options, choose, audio, then advanced, checked on "use MME" and "share drivers with other programs", Sonar will start profiling the sound chip.

May you live for another 100 yrs

Happy New Year
paul

tracker945

Post by tracker945 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:22 am

Your post has just helped to make one more 'happy little camper' THANKS.

dleopard

Post by dleopard » Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:52 am

Yet another happy camper!! Thank you soooo much, I ran into this problem last time I upgraded and couldn't remember how I fixed it. :D

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:36 pm

dleopard wrote:Yet another happy camper!! Thank you soooo much, I ran into this problem last time I upgraded and couldn't remember how I fixed it. :D

MagusCT

Post by MagusCT » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:45 am

Had this problem too when I got a new soundcard.....Thanks for the help... :P

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:00 pm

Thanks a pile

pesante

Post by pesante » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:20 pm

I've been tortured by this problem since I bouhgt my Home Studio
2 weeks ago! Your tip saved my life!!

Mattkw007

Post by Mattkw007 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:56 am

Thanks !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:49 pm

:D Thanks a million!!! (After 3 weeks of head-scratching I finally had the sense to look fo help on-line!) Thank you for the help!