convert .wrk to .mid

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
rwoolstenhulme

Post by rwoolstenhulme » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:34 pm

i have recently changed from a pc to a mac and from pro audio to pro tools only to discover that i dont have access to a library of my old .wrk files. pro tools wont read pr convert them. i am looking for a way to get these files converted to .mid.

is there a program or a user who would do this for a fee?

thanks

rick

revnice

Post by revnice » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 pm

Rick:

I can't remember all the features of Pro Audio but you should be able to Export both audio and midi - Export is usually found under the File menu.

If Pro Audio will make MIDI groove clips, you can simply drag and drop them into Windows Explorer.

rev

Clearsky54

Post by Clearsky54 » Sun May 03, 2009 2:34 am

Hi Guys:

I am in a similar situation. Created files in Cakewalk/Pro Audio 9 using Windows XP. Upgraded to Mac. Exported .wrk files as MID 1. Opened in Logic Express: Only the piano track is playing. I see data for the other files, but nothing else is playing. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Please help.

revnice

Post by revnice » Sun May 03, 2009 10:41 am

Clearsky:

If you have all the data in the new program and only one track is playing, it sounds like a routing issue.

* Have you set the other tracks to the correct output device? i.e. your rack-mount MIDI sound canvas or MIDI keyboard?

* Check the Channel, Bank and Patch assignments.

* Have you got 'None' selected for the MIDI channel by mistake? 'Omni' or 'All' is safest.

* Sometimes the data is out of range for a particular instrument (wrong octave).

* Have you got the Solo button pressed on the Piano track? That would, in effect, mute all the others.

rev

stickeystix1

Post by stickeystix1 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:00 am

I too have this issue, but no way to easily access Sonar Home Studio any longer..I simply have my files saved with the .wrk extensions to a flash drive. Is there a program out there that will convert them to something I can use on my Mac.....? I cannot seem to find an easy solution. If you have an answer, please keep it in layman's terms, as I am not gear-oriented, just a drummer who likes to hit things....Thanks!