Help required editing midi please!

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Gulliver

Post by Gulliver » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:56 pm

I am new to Sonar 7 (having switched over from Cubase). How do I edit multiple velocities eg change their velocities by the same amount ? At the moment I am trying to do it in piano roll mode but the pdf help uses terminology which is not backed up by explanation, and mentions things things that I cannot find either by simply looking at the screen or searching the database. Are there any better user guides available? :?

bnotman62

Post by bnotman62 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi Gulliver,
Try the Scale Velocity feature. Select the note events you want to change then choose Process > Scale Velocity to bring up a dialog box that lets you set the amounts in raw value or percentage. I haven't used it actually, I just know its there.

A very good reference book is by Scott Garrigus "Sonar Power". Check it out it's worth every penny.

Hope this helps!
~Brad

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm just switching from Cubase 4 to Sonar 8 PE too, what a frustrating new ride!!

As far as I have tried you can easily edit multiple notes. Select them first with the select tool (shortcut S), then using the draw tool (D) point in the center of one note, close to the top and left-click while you drag up/down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thKr3wRM ... L&index=55

JimR