No Sound Got WINDOWS XP HOME

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:38 pm

i cant get no sound to play, when i press play, nuffin happends and the line that goes along the track dont move

Post by guest » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:04 pm

by the way i have a SiS 7012 audio ............ it had a line-in and speaker plug that wat the sound card is

cyounhell

Post by cyounhell » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:06 pm

:evil: I have windows Xp and cakewalk sonar 2. when I play the examples that come with the software I get no sound. My computer is new but it was cheap so I think it may be the soundcard. If I buy a soundblaster card will it work? If not what's the cheapest one that will.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:41 am

cyounhell wrote::evil: I have windows Xp and cakewalk sonar 2. when I play the examples that come with the software I get no sound. My computer is new but it was cheap so I think it may be the soundcard. If I buy a soundblaster card will it work? If not what's the cheapest one that will.
:cry:

:cry: i've the same problem...but which the solution ??? thanks for you reply....(sis 7012 wave don't support the current audio format with sonar)

andychap

Post by andychap » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:04 am

The first thing you have to do is select your midi outputs in order to here midi files play. Go into the options menu > midi devices and select a midi device there. Even if your soundcard doesn't have good midi sounds you can use the microsoft GS wavetable or the midi mapper. Make sure the one you want to use is at the top and press OK.

Now you should be able to hear midi files.

To hear audio files you will need to run the wave profiler first for cakewalk to set up your soundcard. You will find this in options > audio the wave profiler button is at the bottom of the page. Then go to the advanced page and check that the box to enable the MME interface is checked and then you should be set up to play and record audio.

If none of this work then you must have something to set up in XP. I am not familiar with XP but I'm sure someone else here will be able to help you with that.

Andy

KeyboardJohn

Post by KeyboardJohn » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:20 pm

Andy's correct.
I have Sonar 1.3 and XP home,and that is the way I had to set up the first time I installed Sonar.
You could try uninstalling Sonar and then doing a fresh install,you may have corrupted files in your present installation.
If that doesn't work you could try emailing Cakewalk support,but you have to be patient waiting for a reply from them.

Hope this helps and you manage to correct your problem.
John.

Special-K

Post by Special-K » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:37 am

Am on a work PC at moment so forgive me if I dont use the appropriate terminology.

If the "playline" does not move along the tracks perhaps the MIDI clock
is set to external, ie Cakewalk is waiting for a signal from an external MIDI device in which case the clock setting needs changing to internal.