Recording Vocals

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
BIg Teeth

Post by BIg Teeth » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:00 am

Im basically trying to demo some music using my PC I have a track imported as a.wav file into Audio 1and im trying to record vocals on a separate track. But when I start recording it records a the new track with the music and vocals mixed together. Do you know what im doing wrong. I need to record the vocal line separate.

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:06 am

Just make sure it is only the mic channel only that is selected in the soundcard mixer.

Big Teeth

Post by Big Teeth » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:03 am

Thanks for that! I'll give that a go tonight.

Also im still using 1.0 and trying to install 2.0 im having this problem with the Direct X 8.1 not letting me install on my PC that is using XP. I have seen the patch but this dont work as I only have the setup exe on my hard drive. Is it safe to chage the registry like i have read or do you have any other ideas.

Thanks

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:04 pm

Yes the registry adjustment does work just remember to change it back once you have installed Sonar 2.

The patch from cakewalk will work if you uninstall sonar 1.0 completey and do a fresh install with 2.0.

Big Teeth

Post by Big Teeth » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:19 pm

Sorry Andy to hassle you, will the patch work even though I have the Cakewalk 2 set up exe on my hard drive.

Thanks again
Kev
www.big-teeth.co.uk

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:53 pm

You need to install the patch for the set up exe to work.

When you install the patch it asks for the CD and then it continues with the installation.