Time Warp feature in Sonar ?

This forum is dedicated to Sonar discussions.
Bonkwell

Post by Bonkwell » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:28 pm

Hi Gang :)

I'm a Cubase user :oops: (please forgive me) but I just don't fancy upgrading to SX2, SX1 was a nightmare so I stayed with VST 5.1.

I must say Cakewalk offer very good value for money with all the features and extras you get with Sonar 3 Producer, you lot even get a Written Manual, (Steiny are that mean they only put a PDF on the CD) and the Cakewalk Support seems good so I'm joining you Guys.

I think Pinnacle/Steinberg are taking the Pee now, there's some features not working as they should in SX2 and I'm thinking here we go again another 12 months of Bug Fixing, it looks like another unfinished App :roll: . they are putting out, so here I am.

Just a question if someone could answer please does Sonar have something like the Time Warp feature in SX2, where by you can Record a Track Midi or Audio without a Metronome or set Tempo and put the Tempo Changes in after using Hit Points :?:

Thanks

Trev. :)

andychap

Post by andychap » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:46 pm

Yes you can enter tempo changes after recording. It is straight forward in midi and in audio it uses the acid features to stretch etc.

BTW. Sonar 3 is the first version of Sonar to be released without a paper manual. Scott Gragarius will more than likely write a Sonar Power 3 book which will be a lot better than the manual.

Bonkwell

Post by Bonkwell » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:44 pm

Thanks Andy

There is a paper manual with Sonar 3........if you are interested in it look here.

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showth ... did=100400

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:17 am

That's good news :D