can't hear guitar during recording with sonar

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
art is hard

Post by art is hard » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:51 pm

hi guys, this is my first post and i am so glad i found this place. my set-up: tom delonge strat plugged directly into my pc (pentium 2 500mhz, 384 megs 'o ram, soundblaster sc) running sonar 2.2 xl, using amplitube for guitar signals. everything works great except i can't hear my guitar with any plug-ins/effects/dxi synths. all i hear is the plain guitar signal. when i'm done recording everything sounds fine, i.e. all effects are on the track. it seriously affects the feel of the track not being able to hear the actual sound of the guitar. please help! thanks.

-brian-

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:54 pm

sorry Art but i dont think its possible using dxi plugins and effects in realtime .. your probably gonna need to add the effects to your source input via your amp then use line out.
The only way i have been able to use them is after the track is recorded
If anyone does know how to make this happen let me know as well

andychap

Post by andychap » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:54 pm

If you look on the net for D Sound RT Player and try that site it might be something like what your after. They do a free download version called GT Player as well, including BP Delay, Chorus, Distortion and Reverb. You can also play backing tracks through it.

Then loop your line out back into line in and record the guitar sound you can here.