audio plus midi problem

Use this forum to discuss Midi Issues as they relate to Cakewalk.
waly

Post by waly » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:29 pm

i'm using cw pro audio 9.
when i play audio and midi files simultaneously, the midi tracks sound bad(like skipping cd's).
however , when i play midi file alone they work just fine.
:?:
thanks

poprep

Post by poprep » Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:41 pm

when you have too much audio tracks for your ram, i occurs. but the main problem is when the time comes for you to transfer your midi tracks to audio. here's what i've done. open that project and open a new project at the background. we'll call your project air and the back ground project sand. now, input the same bpm to sand. cut the midi tracks from air and paste to sand. start with the first track, record to audio, cut the audio from sand and paste to air. go back to sand and delete that audio track. so you can record the next midi track to audio without the midi tracks skipping. if you have any more questions email me, jeftyx@hotmail.com

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:28 pm

Look in your audio set up options and increase you soundcard buffer sizes. This will stablize the audio and then the midi will play.

As proprep says it's best to either work entirely in midi or entirely in audio. Later programs like Sonar have no problems handling both.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:41 am

Could also be a sync issue. Make sure you are using a proper sync source (in this case audio) to ensure things are working correctley. Also check to see if you are using a word clock that the length and settings are correct.

Good Luck!