What in the !@#% have I gotten myself into??

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Matthew

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:06 pm

Up till now I have been anolog recording succesfully with Tascam gear. That was to easy, I had to go get a new computer, an Aardvark Q-10 bundled with cakewalk pro 9 and man its overwhelming. I have been able to get the aardvark loaded and the pro 9 loaded but Im having difficulties understanding how they work together. Ive even been able to get the demo to play thru the aardvark sound card and the computers sound card via different hardware profiles Ive set up. I can't get the sound files to play though. I have even gotten levels from my guitar to work the levels in both the Aardvark and pro 9. I guess my problem is I am not getting the big picture and when I read the help files or users guide it seems to explain things with the assumption you already know what your doing. So I need direction in a much more basic approach, in laymans terms if you will. I have XP os with plenty of the right stuff for the job. My computer was build to order after I talked to Aardvark to make sure it would be compatable. So any ideas???

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:05 pm

If you're getting levels from your guitar, then you're on the right path. This works just like recording on your tascam. Just insert and audio track and then arm it to record. Click on the record button and play.

Matthew

Post by Matthew » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:43 pm

Thats cool, I guess another big point of confusion I have is about which levels do I use as a primary when I'm laying tracks, the Aardvark display or the cakewalk display? should they sink up or do I have to match them, and is there going to be gain staging between the two? Thanks for the reply.