Midi Set up Please Help

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Keefe Flamez

Post by Keefe Flamez » Wed Oct 15, 2003 2:15 pm

Hello everyone i'm new to this site which was highly recommended. I am currently using Cakewalk Pro 9 Deluxe. Along with a Korg Triton i've got those two to work fine using Midi. I went out this weekend and purchased and MPC 2000xl se and would ask if anyone can help me to get the MPC working using the Midi. I am using a Delta 1010 as midi interface as well as for audio.Again my problem is that I cant Midi the Mpc using Cakewalk please help.Any help or suggestions will greatly be appreciate.

Thanks

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:37 pm

A few questions:

1- Go to Options/Midi Devices and make sure all your M-Audio midi ports are selected. Highlight them and click 'move selected instruments to the top'.

2-Go to Options/Instruments. If you haven't already defined the mpc, you may want to do it now, although it's not nessesary. Make the midi port the MPC is coming in on default to the mpc

3- Watch the little piano with the 2 red lights on your taskbar. The light to the left indicates midi in data the light on the left shows midi out. See if they blink when you play your mpc into Pro Audio.

- If a the left hand light blinks when you are playing it into Cakewalk, it is recieveing the data

Sounds like an instrument assinment issue to me.

andychap

Post by andychap » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:23 pm

I don't know what the MPC2000 actually does but usually within these instruments you have to set the channels that they send and recieve Midi data and these have to correspond with the channels you are going to use in cakewalk.