After uninstall/leftover files...also; storage preferences

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
Mark122

Post by Mark122 » Mon Sep 29, 2003 10:38 pm

Hi...
I recently went to uninstall Pro Audio 9; I was prompted whether I wanted to remove shared files...I said "No to all"...as a result, it kept a whole bunch (almost 200Mb worth) of leftover files in the Cakewalk folder.
I reinstalled the program back in the same location, hoping I would be prompted again, and this time I was going to click "Yes to all" shared files removal...but it apparently remembered my previous "No to all" choice and just went through uninstall, skipping the prompt and again leaving the files.
The reason that I wanted to uninstall it was because it was taking up too much space on my small C drive and I wanted to reinstall it on my bigger D drive.

**Does anyone know if I can just delete all these files or is there a better way to deal with this?

**Also, when I eventually reinstall it on the D drive, I want to configure all and any storage, (which means ANY storage; temporary storage, effects processing, etc.) to be routed to the bigger D drive...how do I configure this?

Thank you in advance for any input.

andychap

Post by andychap » Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:08 am

Just try moving the folder with all the files to the D drive, they will be there then when you install PA9 again. If anything on your C drive doesn't work because you have moved something it needs, you should be able to tell from the error message what file is needed and then copy it back to the C drive.

Somewhere in you options (called Global options in Sonar) there will be a setup page called folders. Here you can type in the paths to files where you want all your data stored.

Mark122

Post by Mark122 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:00 pm

Ok, thank you...will do.

GretscGuy

Post by GretscGuy » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:04 pm

Another thing to ALWAYS make sure to do is some registry editing. After you uninstall a program it usually sits around in the registry for ever. I think almost every pc on the planet has remnets of aol and that gator sursor in the registry!

To clean up the registry, go to start/run/regedit

then use the find command to search for keywords (like cakewalk, aol, etc...). You will also see folders assosiated with cakewalk and other programs you no longer use. Deleate them.

Word of caution though, if you don't know what it is, leave it alone!

Good Luck!