dont know how to connect a guitar

The place for Cakewalk beginners to discuss everything Cakewalk.
tamirofh

Post by tamirofh » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:41 am

i have pentium 4 and windows xp
i connected the guitar but i need detailed instructions of how to be able to hear and record it the help files werent useful please help me thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:19 am

the easiest way is to plug your guitar into a preamp of some sort wether its a line out on an amplifier or an output from a mixing console to the line in or your mic in on your pc.. then go and open up your volume control for your sound card and make sure which line in you are using and the WAVE volume is NOT muted and the volume level is turned up to maybe midway level
then at the top left of the same control screen click OPTIONS then PROPERTIES then then choose RECORDING and click OK... a window will popup saying RECORDING CONTROL then choose SELECT.. the same input that you plugged into on your pc...now you should be able to hear your instrument thru your pc.. I hope this helps for lack of a better way to explain it and good luck!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:28 am

I'm sorry Tamirofh, if you want to record it you will need a sequencing software such as cakewalk sonar, home studio or pro audio