composing is un-versatile

The place for general discussion of Cakewalk Pro Audio.
BandGeek060

Post by BandGeek060 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:44 am

does anyone else besides me find composing sheet music incredibly un-versatile in Music Creator 2003? It barely allows any type of style. I'm writing a march for a wind ensemble for a school project. Since i'm only in 9th grade and far from being rich, i can't hire a wind ensemble..so i needed a "synthesized band". the problem is..there are too little features for composing..i need marcato accents for my dogfight section, etc. are these features hidden somewhere, or do they just plain don't exist?

ps...no snare drums!

BandGeek060

Post by BandGeek060 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:51 am

aggggh!!! the computer does everything for me..except its the way i don't want it to do..this is frustrating. how come it doesn't write an eigth-note when i use the eigth note button??? i don't want a 16th tied to a quarter!!

I'm Only Trying To Help

Post by I'm Only Trying To Help » Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:38 am

Why don't you try using Cakewalk Pro Audio for sequencing??

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:38 am

For what you are trying to do by far the best and easiest way is to get Cakewalk Overture.

unklejman

Post by unklejman » Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:49 pm

I feel your pain. The truth is, Cakewalk is for MIDI sequencing and not a good choice if you publishing sheet music to be read by musicians, because of the lack of articulations, and its weird notating. Your solution is Finale Notepad 04, its free and is great for composing sheet music. It also plays back with MIDI so you will be able to hear it. Although you probably don't need it by now, at least for the project you were working on, sorry.

http://www.finalemusic.com/notepad/

andychap

Post by andychap » Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Check out the other forums in this group on Finale and Sibelius.